- Detail Images
Sometimes you want it all, and you get it.
Even in the summer months things can get nasty at high altitude, so Mountain Hardwear made the ultralight and protective Men's Quasar Insulated Hooded Pullover Jacket. Made from strong waterproof, breathable Dry.Q Elite nylon ripstop and fully taped for leakproof seals, this hoodie keeps you dry and cool when caught in a storm. And the Thermic Micro insulation fends off the chill without weighing you down. A deep, watertight zipper makes it easy to put on and take off as well as regulate your temp, so you can start off covered up and cool off in a snap when the going gets hot.
- Ultralight, double-layer 15D nylon ripstop with waterproof, breathable Dry.Q Elite keeps you dry and protected and prevents swampy clamminess
- Fully taped seams ensure a sealed barrier against the elements
- Light and efficient 80g Thermic Micro insulation takes the bite out of chilly weather
- Active fit allows freedom of mobility in a lean silhouette
- Low-profile, helmet-compatible hood with adjustment shelters your head in protective comfort
- Adjustable soft Butter Jersey cuffs and hem drawcord give a snug fit to keep out the cold and wet
- Deep water-tight zipper opening at neck makes it easy to put on or take off and lets you control temps and coverage
- Two internal stash pockets hold essentials, including water bottles, close at hand
Share your thoughts
Nice jacket, slightly odd fit
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
It's a very nice looking jacket. I liked the fact that it is one of the few anoraks on the market. It was comfortable, except the fit was a little tall and narrow (i have a stocky build) so i couldn't wear a fleece layer under it comfortably, which reduced the utility of it. Also, the material is a little loud and crinkly, and i wanted something quieter. Overall, if it fits you, it's a great choice.
I'm 140lbs and about 5'10-5'11 37" chest...
I'm 140lbs and about 5'10-5'11 37" chest what size would you go for?
Sounds like we are about the same size. Even though if you went by the size chart the small suggested would fit but personally I would size up and get a little extra room.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I've never done a review, but iv always appreciated others who have, so i figured id review my recent gear addition. Havnt had the opportunity to use it in the backcountry yet as im stuck at school, but it has been 34 degrees, windy, and raining the past few days and this pullover has made the weather enjoyable! i genuinely look forward to walking out in the freezing rain to put this pullover to the test, and so far its been a dream! iv warn a regular cotton t-shirt and under the jacket and have been very comfortable walking around outside, but it also ventilates very well so when i go inside, i never have to take it off. My only complaint is that there are no exterior pockets - but i would still recommend this jacket to anyone despite this. I'm 5'10 170lb, and ordered a large - its a tad too big, so i probably wont layer anything over it, but leaves me plenty of room to layer under the pullover if need be. i'v also gotten a fair amount of complements on it walking around campus, so style-wise, its casual enough to wear about when your not out in the backcountry.