Extremely light and supremely warm.
Weighing in at just over two pounds, the Mountain Hardwear Phantom 15 Sleeping Bag is ideal for ski yurt trips and year-round backpacking in many environments. This easy-to-carry down-filled chamber is designed to keep you warm without weighing you down.
- 15-degree EN lower limit rating ideal for winter yurt trips and three-season camping in alpine environments
- Performance mummy cut fits close for heat retention and weight savings
- 800-fill Q.Shield down resists moisture and retains maximum loft in damp conditions
- Six-chamber hood design and down-filled face gasket maintain even loft for consistent warmth
- Lightweight two-way zipper for smooth, easy entry and exit
- Weighs just over two pounds (regular length) for an exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio
- Includes stuff sack; compressed size is 7 x 12 in
Share your thoughts
Great bag. Perfect for higher-altitude 3-season backpacking. I've spent about 20 nights in this bag from spring to fall, and have never been cold. Minimal down leakage and I really like the draft collar. Had to wash it due to a cat pee incident (somehow they know to find your most prized possessions and pee on them) and I can personally attest to how difficult it is to saturate this bag with water, even in a bathtub. However, once it gets soaked through, it will stay that way for a long time.
All the materials are extremely lightweight, so you won't want to be dragging this bag across sticks and stones, but your back will be thanking you the next time you are slogging up a hill. It's very light and packs down very small.
Almost took a star off due to the price being out-of-market but that's not really the bag's fault. One other quibble: the zipper does stick, like with all sleeping bags. This can make it a little claustrophobic if you have it zipped up all the way.
If you can deal with the price tag, or you get it at a discount like I did, buy with confidence. Especially if you are trying to reduce your weight and bulk.
Does anyone know if the zipper has improved...
Does anyone know if the zipper has improved over the previous model?
Mountain Hardwear Phantom 15
New Technology! QShield Down.
Check out one of the many innovations from Mountain Hardwear for Spring '13... QShield Down.