Rest up so you can rally.
In all but nasty winter conditions, the Mountain Hardwear Women’s Phantasia 0 Down Sleeping Bag lulls you to sleep in cozy warmth so you can rest and slay it—on the wall, trail, or summit—when morning comes. A women-specific mummy cut adds insulation where women need it most; its Q.Shield water-repellent down ensures you'll stay that much warmer and drier when conditions turns damp and ugly. Five-inch baffles give it a tight, lofty construction that prevents dead spots and provides consistent warmth, and a six-chamber hood with face gasket prevents brain-freeze.
- Rated to 0°F for reliable warmth in spring, summer, fall, or mild winter weather conditions
- Premium Q.Shield 800-fill down insulation offers excellent warmth-to-weight ratio, extra loft for supreme warmth, and water-resistance on individual fibers
- Water-resistance ensures down maintains its insulative quality in damp conditions
- Women-specific performance mummy cut means additional insulation in key areas where women tend to get chilled
- Tight, five-inch baffle spacing maximizes loft and prevents dead space
- Superlight 10D nylon filament weave shell protects down insulation from frost, condensation, and dew
- Light, durable 20D nylon taffeta lining feels soft and smooth next to skin and
- Down-filled face gasket prevents cold from creeping in around the hood
- Six-chamber hood design maintains even loft around head for consistent, head-hugging warmth
- Lightweight two-way zipper allows easy exit and entry
- Stuffs into an included 8 by 13 inch stuff sack for compact transport
- Includes storage sack
Share your thoughts
Lightweight and warm, but super narrow
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've used this sleeping bag for more than 50 nights since I purchased it in mid March. I'm usually pretty chilly when I sleep and I have circulation issues that make me super prone to getting cold, so I rarely sleep comfortably below 40 degrees. With this bag, I've been comfortably warm down to about 28 degrees. (I'm one of those people who is literally always cold, so I'm sure the comfort rating for most people would go much, much lower.)
This bag packs down super small but lofts up big. It zips almost entirely closed, with only a small opening for your face. This is really nice on chilly nights, but the bag itself is SUPER narrow, having the bag zipped up can feel a bit claustrophobic in the shoulder/arm region (I'm 5'6, 130lbs and am definitely not a broad-shouldered person.).
The fabric is ultra lightweight, but surprisingly durable. I work as a wilderness guide and am super hard on my gear, so I was wary of how well it would hold up against my life. I've managed to make a small tear in the fabric due to carelessly zipping past a snag in the fabric, but I attribute that to user error more than product effectiveness. The zipper is surprisingly snag-free, considering how puffy the bag is!
Overall, I would definitely buy this product again. It's super narrow and isn't particularly comfortable when it's zipped up completely, but it's warm and lightweight and has stood up well to the abuse I've put it through so far.