Select your style & size:Select options
Warmth begins with the right fit.
- Rated to 20°F for reliable warmth in spring, summer, fall, or mild winter weather conditions
- Drawcord system features inside-length adjustability to accommodate fast-growing children
- Lofty Thermal.Q insulation boasts outstanding compressibility for efficient warmth without weight or bulk
- Mummy design allows comfortable movement while providing efficient, close-fitting warmth
- Durable 50D nylon taffeta shell protects against wear, tear, and weather
- Light, durable 75D polyester taffeta lining feels soft and smooth next to skin
- Face gasket prevents cold from creeping in around the hood
- Insulated draft tube prevents cold from sneaking in at zipper
- One-handed drawcords make adjustments quick and easy
- Chest pocket with hook-and-loop closure holds a headlamp or other small nightly essentials
- Stuffs into an included 8 by 14 inch stuff sack for compact transport
- Item #MHW2401
- Q & A
2200+ miles and still a great bag!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Very comfy and warm to about 30 degrees (not 20 unless air spaces are stuffed with extra clothes), and plenty of wiggle room (I'm female, 5'7" 150 lbs). Love the little zipper pocket at the neck for small items, and the double-2-way zipper for ventilation. Does not open all the way, but I still used it as an open quilt on warmer nights. Synthetic doesn't pack as small as down, but for hiking in all weather conditions, synthetic is the safest bet. This bag came with its own compression stuff sack, which is probably the BEST I've ever had. It weights next to nothing, it's strong as nails (and I abused it every day, getting the bag in and compressed) and waterproof! Experiment: I put the whole deal in a sink full of water for 20 minutes and my bag was bone dry! It weighs in a bit heavy for ultra light backpacking, but for all around durability and comfort, the extra weight and bulk is worth it.
Snug as a bug...
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
Worked great for keeping the little ones warm and comfy on family camping trips! I gave this as a gift to a very tall two year old. It will grow with her!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
My 4 year old son loves his new sleeping bag. We took it out for a couple of nights sleeping under the stars and he said he was warm. Of course, it was pretty warm (upper 40's) but he sleeps cold so he was happy for the extra insulation. I was surprised at how small it packed down, and how light it is, after checking out some of the cheaper kids bags out there.
zipper catches like crazy
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
you would think after so many years of making bags that they would be able to get this right--especially on a kids bag. It was challenging for me to get the thing up without jamming, in my living room during the day. Forget about middle of the night in a tent with a crying kid.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I searched quite a bit for adjustable sleeping bags for my 6- and 8-year-old before settling on these based on reviews. We tested these during thunderstorms in the Catskills (NY) when the temperature got down to 45 degrees F at night. I figured kids would complain about how miserable and cold they were. Instead they loved how warm they were in their bags (sleeping in just T-shirts and underwear), and they made good use of the handy pocket on the outside for lip balm and tiny flashlights.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I bought two of these, one for each of my girls. Used them a few times, the last time in below-freezing temperatures. The girl were toasty warm, did not complain of being cold during the night at all.
The length adjustment works well, as do the zippers and the hood. The younger one (2 1/2) slid way into the bag, and wasn't seen till morning - the bag is still quite big for her but she will grow into it.
The only problem I've had is that I could only get one bag in blue, and the other in pink. This causes arguments about who sleeps in which bag, so now they take turns.
Its a touch big for my 18 month old. She will grow into it and the fact that its adjustable she will able to use it for a few more years.
The build quality is very solid. snuggly and soft inside. The kid loves it.