- Detail Images
Before pondering surreal red rock formations, exploring tight slot canyons, and trying your hand at crack climbing, pull on the Mountain Hardwear Men's Mesa V.2 Short. The DWR finish and mesh drain panels allow the shorts to dry in a flash after you cool off in the muddy Colorado river, and the gusseted inseam ensures complete freedom of movement.
- Canyon Twill nylon fabric is lightweight, breathable, and has a DWR finish for quick dry times
- Relaxed fit and a gusseted inseam allow you to move freely
- Mesh panels inside the pockets allow water to drain when you take a dip in the river
- Tool-specific pocket is ideal for a pocket knife
- Zippered side pocket keeps valuables safely stowed
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
These are a great short - nice weight, pockets, and a good fit. Better fit than the TNF shorts I just ordered, and on sale, too!
My one interesting 'thing that makes me go hmmm' is why the 2 back pockets would not be zippered. Both are open to the world and not that I would expect to put valuables immediately back in the rear pocket, but for some reason feel that zippers - or even velcro - fasteners would keep things more stable.
I love Mountain Hardwear gear - and look forward to putting these through some more hikes
Perfect summer hiking short
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
These shorts have literally saved my life this summer. The temperatures have been crazy high in Utah and these lightweight comfortable shorts have definitely made hiking and trekking a much more enjoyable proposition, whether I am in the desert or in the High Uintas. These are also great if you are going to be doing any river crossings or just want to jump in the swimming hole. They dry quickly and stay light by not soaking up the water so you can keep on pushing after reaching dry land.