- Detail Images
- Community Images
Rain happens, but it doesn't have to suck.
- Super-lightweight DAC Pressfit aluminum poles
- Fully taped fly, taped perimeter seam, welded corners, and welded guy-clip anchors for guaranteed watertight construction
- Evolution Tension Arch for stability with fewer poles
- Rain room tested with 1200 inches of rain in 24 hours
Share your thoughts
Pretty solid tent
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I think this is a pretty bomber tent and if you find it on S&C you should definitely consider picking it up. Just make sure you think about whether you want one entrance or two. I go back and forth on if I prefer this design.
1. I've had this tent in some nasty wind/rain storms and although it sounds scary from inside the tent, I always stay bone-dry. I'm super impressed with that.
2. Setup is super easy and the tent feels really sturdy to me.
3. There is some really nice storage on the inside of the tent. Big pockets above the door.
1. Slightly Heavy - No doubt there are lighter tents out there, but if you're a big guy like me you probably won't notice the difference too much.
2. Vestibule Space - Sometimes I wish there was more vestibule space. We can fit both our backpacks there and leave our boots in the vestibule area, but getting out to take a pee in the middle of the night can be difficult if you need to step over your gear.
3. You will probably have to buy additional stakes for the loops on the bottom of the fly between the four corners of the tent. I find that if I don't stake that part of the fly intentionally away from the tent, water will collect on the footprint.
4. To me, this is not a 3-person tent. My girlfriend and I fill up the tent with our backpacks in the vestibule. I don't think you could comfortably fit more than 2 people and maybe 1-2 dogs.
5. Minor point here, but I really wish there was a loop in the middle of the tent ceiling so that I could hang my lamp there.
The selling point for this tent is its ability to repel rain and how sturdy it is. To me, that means a lot when camping-
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This tent rocks. It's sturdy, water tight, and it has a ton of internal storage. My girlfriend , dog and I have stayed in it at least 25 nights this summer and it's plenty roomy. The internal storage basically acts as a second vestibule. On the built in shelves I have stored full days clothes for 2 along with all lights, water and food during a strong storm while at Crystal Lake in the Uintas. Not a drop of water made it in the tent and we never had to leave because we were able to store everything we needed in the built in shelves. The shelves do create a low entry/exit but it is offset by overall performance of the tent. It's super easy to set up, I usually do it by myself while my girlfriend fills our sleeping pads.
I have taken this tent on several backpacking excursions but only my most resent one tested it's durability. That is what this review is biased on. We set up camp at upper monarch lake, 10000+', the wind was fierce! The noise of the wind alone woke us from our sleep several times as it whipped around the bowl. The wind was strong enough to blow the tent way off cilter, the center being about half it's setup size, but it survived!! I'd gave this tent 5 stars. However it is in no way a 3 person tent!! I'm 6'3" but I was looking for a 2 person tent... From the reviews, even though it says it will fit 3, I deteinded this was really a 2 person tent, and it is!
I have used this tent several times now. Its durable, lightweight and most importantly WATERPROOF. It rained for 3 days straight the last time i went and this tent held up. NO WATER INSIDE. It has a great design. poles are high quality. The tent is wider on the head and shoulder side to give more room to move around. Great usable ceiling pockets and has pockets on the side. I really like the vestibule. Great tent overall. Quality brand
camping in the big south fork KY
I love this tent. 3 days of straight downpour and stayed totally dry. Great Product. great design.