Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other 5 to 29 Degree Synthetic Sleeping Bags we have in stock.View Similar Products
Play hard all day, sleep well at night.
Due to its Thermal.Q synthetic insulation and water-resistant DWR finish, the Mountain Hardwear Lamina 20 Sleeping Bag is a solid choice for cool temperatures and damp, high-humidity conditions. The innovative Lamina construction eliminates the cold spots caused by standard baffle stitching, the tailored hood and face gasket ensure that precious body heat stays in, and the comfort mummy cut allows for a little more movement than standard mummy cuts.
- With an EN lower limit of 23°F (lower limit refers to the average man's comfort zone), this bag is best suited for camping in the spring, summer, fall, and mild winter weather
- Thermal.Q synthetic insulation is highly compressible, maintains its loft, and insulates better than down if it gets wet
- Ripstop nylon shell has a DWR finish for reliable wind and water resistance
- Comfort mummy cut allows you to move a bit more than a standard mummy bag while maintaining warmth and low weight
- Lamina construction attaches the shell directly to the insulation, eliminating cold spots caused by stitching in typical baffle construction
- Comfort Footbox accommodates the natural position of the foot for improved warmth and comfort
- Polyester lining is soft and wicks away excess moisture
- Face gasket and a snug-fitting hood keep cold drafts out and warmth in
- Lamina 20 weighs in at just over 3 pounds, exceptionally light for a synthetic bag
- Stuffs into an included 7 by 15.5 inch stuff sack for compact transport
- Includes storage sack
- Item #MHW2391
- Q & A
My first synthetic
I am usually a down guy. I wanted to pick up a 3 season synthetic bag for camping and sea kayaking.
I used it up at Camp Muir and was really impressed how much a synthetic could compress down and still be packable.
If someone was looking for a great bag and having it be about half the price of a down bag.. Yeah, I would recommend this bag to anyone. Well, let me rephrase that. I got the long for more shoulder girth but it sure as hell isn't spacious through the shoulders. So, if you are a wide guy you might find it not the roomiest bag out there.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I picked up a Lamina Z-Flame (basically the same thing in a different color sold at REI...it was on sale!). It's the same thing as this really. Same temp and all. Very compressible, very light for a synthetic. It's about 1/2 the size of my previous synthetic and about the same size as my friends Marmot that cost him $500+. Well worth it.
I love this bag. I am a cold natured person so my boyfriend got this bag for me a few years ago. I haven't complained of being cold or uncomfortable while camping since. It's super comfortable! Absolutely a must have bag.
Great but the ZIPPER WILL DRIVE YOU NUTS
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This bag is very comfortable and of all my bags, stays truest to rating. It has become my goto bag for most all of my backpacking and camping. I know most people like feather bags but in MN it gets really muggy in summer and really wet in winter. For this reason, I have sacrificed a few extra ounces for a synthetic bag.
In the winter when you cinch down and try to draw the zipper up from the inside, it gets stuck every inch of the way! When you are in the bag and try to exit from within, you cannot get out! I have absolutely zero claustrophobia and have squeezed through things tighter than a birth canal but this bag will give you a new meaning to the word "trapped". If a bear came calling at night and you needed out to defend yourself, you might as well just recite Psalm 23 because you'd be toast. As soon as I find a deal on another good bag, I will trade in.
P.S. If you test the bag out and draw the zipper up from the outside, it will seem like it works like a charm. Try it from the inside before you purchase this bag.