Select your style & size:Select options
Maximum comfort, minimum weight.
Optimizing space and functionality without the excess weight, the Mountain Hardwear Hylo 3 Tent is a three-season, three-person tent for backpacking trips where comfort is just as important as lightweight carrying. Its hybrid design shaves weight where necessary with single-wall construction, yet it offers improved ventilation over traditional single-wall tents with the addition of a mesh canopy.
The fly stakes into the ground to create a roomy vestibule for storing extra gear, such as packs and footwear. Guaranteed watertight construction keeps you nice and dry through passing showers and heavy rainstorms, as backed by the fully taped flay and taped perimeter seams. Other key features include welded corners and welded guy clip anchors for extra weather protection and durability, as well as mesh storage pockets for handily stashing small camping accessories.
- Lightweight three-person tent
- Hybrid construction (single/double-wall)
- Freestanding design
- DAS Featherlight NSL poles
- Fully taped fly, taped perimeter seams
- Welded corners, welded guy clip anchors
- Mesh storage pockets
- Item #MHW00N4
- Q & A
Spacious, super-light and super-strong
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I was fortunate enough to sleep out in the Hylo a few weeks back in Joshua Tree. Three things stuck out for me:
1) The sleeping area is huge. The design of the tent means you can sit up and have plenty of room
2) While everyone else was complaining of their tents flapping around in 50mph winds, I slept like a baby. The tent stayed strong all night.
3) Super light weight and packs down well
This is one hell of tent!