- Detail Images
- Community Images
Beauty in simplicity meets the devil in the details.
- DAC Pressfit poles use dual-diameter metal-on-metal construction to save weight and eliminate weak spots caused by glues or crimping
- Fully removable zip-out roof panel cuts ounces and improves ventilation—it's like a skylight for your tent!
- Watertight construction features fully taped rain fly and perimeter seams, and welded corners and guy clip anchors
- Evolution Tension Arch improves tent stability without additional poles or heavier material
- Pitch Light configuration creates a lightweight, more packable shelter with the poles, rain fly, and footprint (sold separately)
Share your thoughts
versatile with a little weight.
So far, I've only used this tent with temps around freezing at night, and so I can't comment on warm weather yet. The tent goes up easy, is very solid, and shed off an all day thunderstorm with ease. At a freezing temp, I could ventilate the tent very well with all of the different vent options, while still keeping all wind out. I wouldn't want to take this tent solo over too many miles, but it's very solid. If you were splitting the weight, and actually used it as a 2 man tent, the weight would be very manageable.
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I have the 3-person hammerhead, but I assume they are similar enough. I spent 2 months camping in outer mongolia, with extreme winds, hail, and snow. This tent was absolutely perfect, and the most sturdy. Everyone else's tent collapsed, or had some sort of issue at least once during our excursion. Mine was the only one to never have an issue. Highly recommend it.
MH HH2 w/o fly
MH HH2 w/ fly
Where can I find a replacement pole for...
Where can I find a replacement pole for my Hammerhead 2 tent?
Your best bet is to contact Mountain Hardwear directly at 877.927.5649
MH HH2 Review
A 3.75 season tent, wonderful, can't wait to take it out! Got it on DOG.com for $158!
Great pictures on this profile show the mesh windows zipping up all the way.
Only con is the weight.