Get the protection you want without sacrificing mobility.
The Mountain Hardwear Embolden Softshell Jacket uses breathable, flexible AirShield fabric to protect you from biting winds and keep you free to move without restriction. Wear this jacket on high-altitude adventures when your ability to reach your holds and stay mobile is absolutely essential.
- Breathable AirShield softshell fabric blocks wind while giving you the flexibility you need
- Storm hood can be adjusted with one hand so you can make on-the-move changes and keep your head warm
- Cuff tabs and hem drawcords seal out cold air and snow
- Pockets are set high so you can still access them when you're wearing a harness
- Internal security pocket keeps your keys and your ID safe
Share your thoughts
Add pit zips and it would be perfect. Stops wind and light rain, packs easily and light weight. I'm 5'10" and 175lbs, I got the Large and it fits well, arms are long enough and has enough room for a few layers.
great value with necessary features
Embolden is not very thin but thin enough not to feel bulky. Simple structure (no pocket inside, no thum hook...) but has basic necessary features (2 hand pocket and one chest pocket). I am 5'11"& 180 pound and wear Large. If you like a jacket very trim fit, you should order Medium but might feel too tight in your arm pit and shoulder.