Always take the direct.
There's a bridge upstream, but that would add three miles to your approach into the alpine, so secure Mountain Hardwear's Direttissima 50 Outdry Backpack and cross that river with confidence that your valuables will stay dry. Its Outdry construction guarantees a watertight construction so your layers, meals, climbing gear, and ski equipment won't be a soggy mess when you reach the summit.
Mountain Hardwear made this pack out of ballistic nylon and HardWear X-Ply ripstop for serious abrasion-resistance. Its HardWave suspension conforms to your back's curve for even weight distribution when hauling heavy loads, but can also be removed with the aluminum stay and waist belt when you're packing light. The Direttissima also features an A-frame ski carry system, loops for ice axes, a crampon pocket, and gear loops at the waist belt for climbing equipment.
- Technical daypack for alpine climbing and ski mountaineering
- 50-liter capacity is ideal for gear-intensive ascents
- Watertight Outdry construction
- Removable HardWave suspension and waist belt
- Ice axe and ski carry systems
- Reinforced gear loops at waist belt
- Item #MHW00KZ