- Detail Images
Forget the frippery.
The Mountain Hardwear Chuter 15 Backpack incorporates Andrew Mclean's boundless mountain experience in it's clean, function-driven design. This streamlined sidecountry pack hauls your avy gear, hydration reservoir, and your puffy, but it doesn't weigh you down with needless frills. Make sure you're wearing this pack when the resort crowd scrapes off the fresh stuff, and your powder hunt takes you out of bounds.
- Hardwave back panel is flexible on the y-axis but provides excellent torsional rigidity for an exceptional combination of mobility and support
- Rear panel zipper opens into main compartment for easy access when your pack is resting in the snow
- 15-liter size is great for sidecountry excursions or dawn patrols
- Mesh-lined wet locker under the front flap gives you quick access to avy gear and stores it separately so your shovel doesn't drip all over your extra layers after you dig your snow pit
- 420D nylon is tough enough to handle occasional branch swipes
- Hydration hook/loop secures your reservoir while the port gives instant access
- Fleece-lined goggle pocket with water-resistant zipper keeps your eyewear handy
- Adjustable, stowable ski loops let you carry your skis diagonally
- Versatile strap system can carry a snowboard or snowshoes
- Daisy chains on top of and underneath the front flap give you myriad options for attaching your helmet and assorted gear