- Detail Images
Weather protection that's light as a feather.
Designed to meet the needs of mountaineering legend Ueli Steck, the Mountain Hardwear Men's Blazar Pullover Hooded Jacket weighs in at just eight ounces and still provides complete waterproof and breathable protection. The deep front zip allows you to vent out when you start to sweat, and the Butter Jersey cuffs feel super soft against your skin.
- 3-layer Dry.Q Elite fabric provides complete waterproof and breathable weather protection
- Fully taped seams and a watertight front zipper keep wet weather out
- Active fit is ideal for fast-paced alpine pursuits
- Low-profile hood adjusts for a snug fit
- 1/2-length front zip makes for easy on and off and allows you to vent excess hot air
- Jacket weighs in at a featherlight eight ounces and packs down small
- Drawcord hem quickly adjusts for a snug fit
- Butter Jersey cuffs feel super soft against skin
- Internal stash pocket keeps essentials safely stowed
Share your thoughts
Fine for the purpose
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
5ft 8, 155, got a medium and it fits true to size. Overall this works well as a running or hiking rain layer for when you don't want to have a zipper all the way down your front.
For the price I was surprised there was not the ability to tighten the jacket on both sides (only on the right) and behind the hood. Also the tightening mechanisms for the hood under the chin don't lock so you tighten them but then they just slip back to their original place
On sale this is a great deal, but I'm not sure it would be worth the full retail price otherwise.
Does what it says
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I'm a runner and I don't much care for getting wet when I'm doing it. Minimizing bulk is nice when out on the trail so after this piece meeting my three main criteria, I decided to go for it. Those are waterproof, breathability, and packable / light.
I have yet to wear this in a downpour. So I can't guarantee its performance in the wettest conditions, but kept the sprinkles out very well and it really does breathe easy!
I really like the lack of velcro at the cuff and the additional softer fabric that is sewn in on the inside. It's comfy and works well for most days, though I imagine in a downpour it wouldn't be as effective for keeping the water out.
The thumb holes are too small on the softer cuff, I imagine that or most people it is uncomfortable as I do not have larger than average hands.
At first I was weary that the hood would block my vision because the lack of cinch in the back, but if you tighten up the cord around the hood, it does a good job of getting the hood out of your peripheral vision.
For some the lack of front pockets might be annoying, but if you think of it as a technical piece instead of a wear around jacket, it makes a lot more sense, because you wouldn't want stuff bouncing around in your front pockets anyway. It does come with one inside chest pocket and I find that it's perfect for the piece.