- Detail Images
The moisture-wicking wonder pant.
No one wants to hike in a heavy pant or something that breathes as well as a garbage bag―so Mountain Hardwear gives you the lightweight Men's Alkane Pant, made with Dry.Q Evap that accelerates evaporation for cool, dry comfort. Durable 2.5-layer nylon ripstop withstands rugged-use wear and tear and keeps things nice and light. Three-quarter side zips add ventilation for those full-throttle hikes and make on-offs a cinch.
- Lightweight 2.5-layer 30D nylon ripstop with waterproof, breathable, sweat-wicking Dry.Q Evap technology keeps you cool and dry from the inside and outside
- Standard fit with elastic waistband and belt loops delivers freedom of mobility and customized comfort
- Three-slider three-quarter side zips provide cooling ventilation and easy on-offs
- Water-resistant zippered thigh pocket protects and secures essentials
Share your thoughts
Would you consider these durable / comfortable...
Would you consider these durable / comfortable / breathable enough to hike in full-time or are they the kind of pants you only pull out if it's raining?
The pants would be comfortable enought ot hike in, and the 3/4 ventilation zips will make the pants nice and breathable when you need them to be.
They are constructed of nylon ripstop, so they will also be fairly durable pants.
Used these as a mountain guide last summer in Colorado and they were great! The ventilation zips make it perfect for cold mornings that warm up as the sun comes out, and they are relatively durable. I finally got a few tears in the butt towards the end of the summer but I was pretty rough on them so I was surprised they lasted as long as they did. I'm definitely considering buying another pair for next summer.
Taste Great, Less filling!
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Pros: Fits great into my Osprey 46 Exos and not such a hassle to put on and take off as the Typhoon Pants Mountain Hardwear sells. Worth the extra dollars spent.
Cons: They should've included a belt for the price of the pants.