Unaffected by winter weather.
Whether you're looking for a belay jacket for the hardest ice and mixed roots or for a overlayer for winter walking and mountaineering, the Mountain Equipment Men's Fitzroy Insulated Jacket offers reliable protection on the mountain. Constructed with a DriLite Loft II membrane, this jacket offers windproof and highly water-resistant protection. Hydrophobic PrimaLoft Gold insulation provides lightweight warmth in both wet and dry conditions.
The Fitzroy is designed and sized to be thrown over all your other layers in the worst conditions. Pull the hood over your helmet for an extra layer of protection against wind and snow. Adjustable cuffs and a dual tether hem provides a personalized fit that seals out colds. Chunky molded zips are easy to use, even with gloves, and keep working through icy conditions. A revised mountain fit ensures freedom of movement and can be worn on its own or as an overlayer for serious winter use.
- An insulated jacket for winter mountaineering
- DriLite Loft II membrane is windproof and highly water resistant
- PrimaLoft Gold insulation provides serious lightweight warmth
- Helmet-compatible hood with wired visor for use in strong winds
- Adjustable cuffs and dual tether hem drawcords
- Mountain fit with articulated and pre-shaped sleeves
- Designed and sized to be thrown over all layers
- Item #MEQ005E
- Q & A
What is the center back measurement on this jacket? I am looking for 30-33 inches
I am concerned that this jacket may be too warm for the purpose I'm looking for. I want a synthetic insulated jacket that would be good for walking and hiking the in 20-40 degree range. I already have a ME Annapurna jacket which I love for bitter cold days
Also, is it sufficiently waterproof for a steady rain