You can have it all.
If you've been of the belief that aggressive traction and minimal shoes are two things that can't exist in the same shoe, meet the Montrail Women's Rogue F.K.T. Running Shoe. Built to blend those exact characteristics, the Rogue F.K.T. pairs a heavily lugged outsole with pliable seamless uppers to give you the best of ultralight and rugged trail shoes in one hybrid.
As you switchback up dusty ascents, the Rogue's 6.5mm lugs will dig in and give you purchase, while its full-length TrailShield rock plate helps you dance through sharp rock gardens with stability and protection. Though the trails you frequent are far less jarring than neighborhood sidewalks, a touch of plushness still goes a long way on hardpack, which is why Montrail gave the Rogue a cushy, but responsive FluidFoam midsole. As you run in hot, humid weather, airy seamless uppers stretch and conform to the varied topography of your feet, with the absence of overlays significantly lessening the likelihood of hot spots or blisters. Plus, a subtly reinforced heel and toe cap provide welcome protection and stability on long stretches of uneven ground, without weighing you down.
- Blend a minimal feel on the trails with serious traction
- Seamless uppers free of overlays cut down on hot spots
- 10mm drop favors a traditional heel-to-toe foot strike
- Perforated, flexible lugs provide aggressive traction
- TrailShield guards your feet against sharp rocks
- Toe cap and reinforced heel add protection and stability
- Item #MON001R