Run the path less traveled, even if it's wet and rocky.
- OutDry waterproof breathable membrane is highly breathable and protects your foot from external moisture
- OutDry is designed specifically to flex with your shoe, and it's lightweight so you won't have to give up performance for weather protection
- Midfoot upper features an articulated support frame of textile that keeps your foot securely in place
- Variable width lacing ensures a snug and secure fit starting from the very first time you lace up
- Moderate 10mm heel-to-forefoot drop provides a more traditional foot strike
- Midsole uses full-length EVA foam that provides high-level cushioning for rough terrain without adding an unnecessary amount of weight
- Rigid trail plate is integrated into the forefoot to provide additional protection from rocks and hazards on the trail
- Flex grooves give the sole additional flexibility at the forefoot for more natural foot roll and propulsion off the toes
- Gryptonite sole has an aggressive three-point lugged pattern that digs into loose terrain and grips variable surfaces with security
Share your thoughts
A year of dry feet
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I've had this shoe over a year now and save it for those wet, slushy, snowy days. I'm very impressed how well it keeps the feet dry. When running in deeper snows just add a pair of gaiters. I like a little more room up front in the toe box and this shoe fits me well there. I use microspikes when running steeper icier trails, but it has a fairly aggressive tread that gives good traction by itself in wet or sloppy conditions. It has a good amount of vinyl and fabric side support for stability. Highly recommend this shoe if it makes a difference to you if your feet stay dry! There are other trail shoes I prefer for normal conditions, but these are the go-to choice to keep feet dry. If you are getting in wet stuff over ankle deep, though, I'd prefer a non waterproof shoe that drains easy.
Montrail Bajada OutDry Trail Running
Warm -but sewing quality needs work
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Super warm and dry - comfortable in 5 degree runs in snow. Grip is excellent. However, Montrail needs to improve the upper design, there was an extra fold of the upper fabric that was irritating to my foot. The Outdry upper is more substantial and requires a simpler upper (less overlays) and more attention to good sewing. When this is accomplished it will the best winter running shoe available .