Premium weather protection in sub-seven-ounce package.
Weighing in at less than seven ounces, the MontBell Men's Versalite Jacket offers high-level protection from storms and wet weather on the trail. This jacket rolls up easily and packs down small in your bag so you'll never be tempted to run, hike, or backpack without it. A host of technical features, including venting, further elevates the performance of this storm shell above that of its competitors.
- Super Hydro Breeze technology functions as a waterproof breathable membrane which protects against external wetness and precipitation while allowing internal excess heat and moisture to escape
- 20K-rated waterproof breathable membrane handles the most brutal storm weather
- Ballistic Airlight nylon is highly durable and tough enough for hiking, backpacking, and rugged camping
- Fully taped seams keep leaks from forming at the seams
- Adjustable hood, hem, and cuffs allow you to quickly seal out the elements at jacket openings
- Underarm zips measure 12-inches long for ultimate ventilation and air movement
- Large eight-inch zip pockets give you plenty of room to keep essentials stored in an easy-to-reach spot
- Reflective zippers are also waterproof for additional weather protection
- Two-inch drop tail protects your butt and hips against severe weather when you're sitting in a boat or around camp
Share your thoughts
I have dreamed of a rain jacket like this for years. The fit is is excellent;offers great range of motion without bunching and shifting. Although it's construction doesn't appear to be tailored or "fitted", it hangs on the body as though it is -looks like a very nice jacket rather than a tent with arms. The material is awesomely thin like a high-end wind breaker and not at all crunchy like many rain jackets. Keeps me dry and comfortable in a downpour and packs down to the size of a baseball.
Hesitations/reservations: I've read that this jacket has gone through some evolutions as folks have encountered issues with the laminated fabric in earlier models. Because it is so thin, light, and packable, I sometimes worry I'll damage the zippers when balling it up tightly.
All has been great so far and I'd recommend this jacket to anyone.