There's absolutely nothing like the soothing warmth of down.
Like a soothing hug, the MontBell Women's Highland Down Jacket wraps you in warmth to protect you against the bitter cold of winter. Zip this lofty goose-down jacket up for a walk into town during the winter or a hike behind the house during the deep of fall. Should light rain or soggy snow attempt to soak your jacket, the DWR coating on the outside of the shell fabric repels moisture and causes water to bead away.
- Water-resistant DWR coating causes light precipitation and moisture to bead off the shell fabric
- 40D taffeta nylon shell and lining are lightweight, quick-drying, and highly durable
- 650-fill power goose down offers ultimate warmth, it packs down easily, and feels feathery-light
- Elastic sleeve cuffs keep chilly drafts from blowing up the arms of your jacket
- DWR-treated main zipper provides additional protection from wet weather
- Two zippered hand pockets keep your fingers from freezing and two interior drop-in pocket give you storage for gloves, a hat, or other small articles
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
It's still summer but I went ahead and bought this because it was on sale and I like the eggplant color. It's a light weight coat, but feels cozy and warm, and fits well. Slightly boxy around the shoulders/armpits and I have somewhat broad shoulders. I'm 5'8", 130 lbs and the sleeves are definitely long enough and could fit a layer or two underneath it. Hopefully I'm still happy with it this chilly winter!
Does the Highland jacket have a fleece-lined...
Does the Highland jacket have a fleece-lined collar like the Alpine? My girlfriend keeps stealing my Alpine Light and I want to get her a Montbell down puffy so she leaves mine alone, but she really likes the collar.
The collar is not fleece lined. It is made of the same material as the rest of the jacket.