- Detail Images
Take on the worst conditions.
- Proprietary eVent fabric sloughs moisture while encouraging breathability and ventilation
- Large water-resistant side pockets protected by storm flaps sit above a harness belt
- Double storm flap and rain channel cover main zipper
- Adjustable storm cuffs help you seal out the cold and snow
- Helmet-compatible, wire-peaked hood features drawstrings that easily cinch for added protection
Share your thoughts
slow to purchase
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
6'2" 170 lbs - Purchased size L
Central KY Weather
Had been 'researching' this purchase for a really long time (> 2 months) mostly because this is such an expensive jacket for me without a discount. I was looking at Rab and Westcomb, as well - bought into the eVent hype.
I have been wearing this jacket for a little over 4 months very regularly - the only wet weather top I use now. I follow the jacket label's care instructions - wash ~ every three weeks with Nikwax tech wash and tumble on extra low for a few minutes before I hang it up. Terrific water repellency including the parts under straps.
Compared to my issued Gore-Tex and a North Face Hyvent I bought, both having pit zips, the Montane is so much more breathable despite its lack of the zips. The jacket is also super light and fairly quiet. I consider this suitable for use as a four season rain shell and as I am using it now as the outside of a great wintry weather layering system (rain and snow in the same day). Great pocket placement and a well-thought-out hook and loop fastener setup that prevents scratching the jacket when wearing and washing. The hood is very adjustable and gives me plenty of clearance even with winter headgear on.
This jacket makes a lot of other jackets look weak/cheap - an outstanding jacket that exceeds my expectations.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
eVent delivers as advertised, providing absolute dryness in downpours while remaining quite breathable. My primary usage of this jacket is during my 4 mile commute to work. The Medium Super-Fly's length and cut is great for my slender 6'4" 180 pound frame.