Sculpted for comfort, low on weight, and smooth-as-silk on the road.
Mizuno wave plate technology makes the Women's Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe the ideal choice for neutral runners or mild over-pronators who want to tackle high-mileage runs. Right out of the box, this shoe feels like it was sculpted for your foot and tuned to your personal running style. Low-profile cushioning soaks up the nasty parts of rough roads, wave plate technology adds a responsive feel to the chassis, and ventilated uppers take the bite out of blistering-hot days—this is a shoe that can elevate your road running to a new level.
- Mizuno Airmesh upper feels cool and lightweight, and it flexes comfortably
- Heat-bonded suede overlays secure the fit in the forefoot so you get superior shoe hold when you roll off your toes
- Dynamotion Fit eliminates stress points in the shoe upper so the shoe moves seamlessly with your foot throughout your stride
- Mizuno Wave technology uses a unique midsole shape that dissipates impact forces away from the foot so you get a smoother, more cushioned foot strike
- Wave Technology plate is made of Pebax Rnew which is a plant-based oil that requires less carbon to manufacture than traditional cushioning materials
- AP+ cushioning offers increased rebound energy and results in a bouncier feeling from step to step
- SmoothRide Engineering utilizes a flexible, grooved sole structure that encourages a natural roll from your heel to your forefoot and that helps you explode off your toes with more power
- X10 sole utilizes a combination of carbon and rubber material to increase durability and traction where you need it the most
Share your thoughts
Good shoe for training and racing
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
This shoe is really nice and lasts a while. I can train and race on them since they are so light. They are a little difference from the last design(more cushion) but overall very comfortable shoe.
Mizuno Wave Rider 16 Running Shoe
Supportive and have a wide toe box
I'm a trail runner and decided to get a pair of road shoes for quick lunch runs. After reading reviews I decided to go with the Wave Rider 16, these have proven to be great shoes. I have high arches and a wide forefoot and this shoe handles both of those requirements very well. The sole doesn't have the appearance of having much cushion, but it really seems to have a nice balance of cush and a feeling of being one with the road.
2013 Wave Riders rule
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have been using Wave riders for the past 5 years as a runner. I have strayed to other brands but for my body weight and style of running I always come back to the Wave Riders.
I notice less points of contact in the upper this year, also the soles are grooved in a different way which seems to catch better on downhills. This has been an easy switch and the crazy new colors suite me well.
Love these shoes...Jana Kinkade