Run in the clouds.
- Unique Wave midsole shape dissipates impact for a smoother, more cushioned feel
- SmoothRide engineering creates a smooth, rocking-chair-like transition from heel to toe on every step
- Dynamotion Fit wraps your foot in a stretchy upper to eliminate bunching, sliding, and friction
- AP+ midsole offers increased rebound and a bouncier feeling, extending cushioning durability
- AirMesh upper offers excellent breathability and cool comfort
- X10 carbon-reinforced rubber improves wear and adds traction in the heel area, while G3 rubber in the forefoot provides superior grip with less weight
- Intercool full-length midsole ventilation system reduces heat and humidity build-up
- VS-1 compound in the heel absorbs shock
Share your thoughts
Very comfortable shoe
I walk on concrete all day and these keep my feet comfortable. The mesh keeps my feet cool. They are great for summer, but it's not a good idea to wear them when it is cold.
Best support shoe. Period.
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
For years I had trouble with my feet killing me while trying to go on even mid length runs. A running store recommended the Wave Nirvana 8 and it has been life changing. They are lightweight and exactly what my feet needed in terms of support. I feel like I could run all day. If you need a support shoe, this is it. I'm a girl with big feet and I have to get the mens version. My only complaint would be the colors, but honestly, I don't care what they look like if they can make my feet feel this great.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I've been running in Wave Nirvanas for years and this is probably the best in the series that I've owned. You can tell that it's lighter than its predecessors and the grey/gypsum color combination is better than the blue/white option available. One important thing to note: Most runners know that there should be a little bit of room between your big toe and the inside of the shoe. Based on this, I always order a size 10 in the Wave Nirvanas. With the Wave Nirvana 8, I ended up having to return it for a 10.5. Do yourself a favor and get a half size larger than you usually would for the Wave Nirvana.
Love my Nirvana 4!
I put many miles on my Wave Nirvana 4's. Mizuno has been a great shoe for me. These shoes added 1/2 a mile to my runs when I got them. They were my first running shoes and they made a huge diference. I did all my training for a 10K and a 1/2 in 2 pairs. I have only just retired mine loved them. Can't wait until I need a new pair!