- Detail Images
Give your feet permission to fly.
As if you needed any more inspiration to hit the road, the Mizuno Women's Wave Inspire 9 Running Shoe offers a heavenly fit that will help leave you floating during long runs. Light underfoot and stable in all the right places, this newest version of the popular Mizuno model targets mid-to-high mileage runners in need of moderate overpronation correction. Rather than reinvent the wheel each season, Mizuno's engineers kept the highly effective midsole unit and SmoothRide engineer from the Inspire 8 and added a heel wedge and close-fitting upper to create the Inspire 9. For the women's version the fit was kept at a medium-volume from heel to forefoot with a low toebox height and moderate arch support. While Mizuno's line of support shoes includes an array of shoe options, only the Nirvana 8 brings a smoother ride and more cushioning to the pavement, and only the Nexus 6 offers almost-identical protection, weight, and support at a lower price. All said and done, the Wave Inspire 9 delivers support and flexibility in a package that fits like a glove and perfect for mile after mile of effortless running.
- Airmesh upper offers breathability and comfort, and features new welded overlays that offer superior hold at toe-off
- Dynamotion Fit wraps your foot in a stretchy upper to eliminate bunching, sliding, and friction
- Updated heel counter provides a natural fit at a reduced weight
- Unique Wave midsole shape dissipates impact for a smoother, more cushioned feel
- SmoothRide engineering creates a smooth, rocking-chair-like transition from heel to toe on every step
- Lightweight AP+ midsole material offers increased rebound for a bouncier feeling
- 12mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) offers a more traditional running shoe feel and supports runners who naturally heelstrike (or prefer to) when running
- SR Touch in the heel area creates a smooth landing that propels you through your stride
- X10 carbon-reinforced rubber improves wear in high-impact areas and adds traction in the heel area
Share your thoughts
Walking on Sunshine
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
Yes these shoes are that good. They are cushioned (so my knees thank me, and my feet !) They have stability, so my foot doesn't move needlessly from side to side while doing Body Combat and running. I wear a 7 Medium, and these are a 7 Medium. I love the fit. I wear a 7 in regular street shoes too. I got the pink, and yes it's almost a hot pink, but cute cute cute. My fave part though is the cushioning and arch support....it doesn't get better than this for sneakers. (oh and I do run, but not competitively) Oh and yes, they are light weight, of course, wouldn't get them if they weren't.
Wife is a fan
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
My wife is on her second or third pair of these. Needless to say, she likes them a lot. She only runs indoors and gets 3-4 months out of a pair(600-800miles). She wears a 7.5B in most other shoes but wears an 8 in these, so they may run a touch small.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
Bought the Malibu blue version of these. I run 3-5 miles a few times a week on mixed terrain, from dry trails with ups and downs to cement and grass city runs to treadmills at the gym. I only use these right now, and they are fabulous. No blisters ever, good enough support, light weight, beautiful color, and feel right as soon as you put them on. I've worn them about 6 months and I am lining up to buy another pair soon. If you are ONLY a trail runner and need more traction and support - I would consider buying something a bit more rugged since it might hold up better and give you more grip. But for mixed use and consistent working out - these are working perfect.
in Love-So far
I haven't used them for my long runs yet ,but love the way they feet and feel.I had got myself fitted with these shoes so knew i had to go up almost a size and half up than my regular shoes.
the colors are jazzy and cute .
the support feels just the right
I bought these in size 8, my size for...
I bought these in size 8, my size for Mizunos Wave Inspire 8. The Inspire 9 model fit great in the heel & arch, but after running only 20 minutes, began to pinch my little toes off, as if the toe bed were too narrow...Will the toe box stretch out at all, or should I return them for a 1/2 size up? I really don't want to return them, as I think they'll be "boaty" for my heel & arch then.