Brilliantly inspired support.
As if you needed any more inspiration to hit the road ... here comes the Mizuno Men's Wave Inspire 9 Running Shoe. Light underfoot and stable in all the right places, this newest version of the popular Mizuno model targets mid-to-high mileage runners in need of moderate overpronation correction. Rather than reinvent the wheel each season, Mizuno's engineers kept the highly effective midsole unit and SmoothRide engineering from the Inspire 8 and added a heel wedge and close-fitting upper to create the Inspire 9.
While Mizuno's line of support shoes includes an array of shoe options, only the Nirvana 8 brings a smoother ride and more cushioning to the pavement than the Inspire. The Nexus 6 offers almost-identical protection, weight, and support at a lower price, only without quite the same level of engineering on the upper fit. All said and done, the Wave Inspire 9 delivers support and flexibility in a package that fits like a glove and perfect for mile after mile of effortless running.
- Airmesh upper offers breathability and comfort, and features new welded overlays that offer superior hold at toe-off
- Dynamotion Fit wraps your foot in a stretchy upper to eliminate bunching, sliding, and friction
- Updated heel counter provides a natural fit at a reduced weight
- Unique Wave midsole shape dissipates impact for a smoother, more cushioned feel
- SmoothRide engineering creates a smooth, rocking-chair-like transition from heel to toe on every step
- Lightweight AP+ midsole material offers increased rebound for a bouncier feeling
- 12mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) offers a more traditional running shoe feel and supports runners who naturally heelstrike (or prefer to) when running
- SR Touch in the heel area creates a smooth landing that propels you through your stride
- X10 carbon-reinforced rubber improves wear in high-impact areas and adds traction in the heel area
- Offers moderate support and moderate pronation control
Share your thoughts
Mizuno Wave Inspire 9 Running Shoe - Men
I'm on my second pair of Inspires in as many years and would recommend them for anyone who has a mild pronation, as I do. I enjoyed last year's model, but am even more pleased with this year's. While I do like the brighter color, what really works for me is the slight change Mizuno has made in the toe box- last year's was just a little too wide for my feet.