Yeah, it's safe.
- Non-directional tie-in points maintain strength even if rope is routed incorrectly
- Waist belt webbing shows color change when correctly double-passed
- Waist buckle shows 'danger' if not correctly double-passed, but still holds 10 kN load when single-passed
- Patented 3D system adjusts rise length and leg size to help keep you upright even during a fall
- Structural force ratings:
- 5000 lbf (22 kN) per belay loop
- 2250 lbf (10 kN) Spectra gear loops
- 3600 lbf (16 kN) Spectra rope locator
- 3600 lbf (16 kN) rear haul loop
- 1500 lbf (6.6 kN) leg loop elastic
Share your thoughts
Not what I ordered.
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
The picture of this harness is very mis- leading to what you actually receive. I was looking for a sport climbing harness and the patriot is NOT it. Gear loops are strictly cloth, no plastic coating keeping them up right and yes, the patriot is light, but more on the side of flimsy. Probably an excellent hardness for some, but not for sport climbers.