- Community Images
Time-tested cams you can count on.
No trad or aid rack is complete without a full set of time-tested Metolius Master Cams. CNC machined from high-grade aluminum for maximum precision, Master Cams utilize an optimized camming angle for greater holding power and have an integrated range finder that quickly tells you if you've chosen the right cam size for the placement.
- CNC machined from 7075-T6 aluminum for maximum strength and precision
- Set of 8 camming devices covers a range between 0.34 and 1.89 inches
- Flexible single stem design and narrow head width make the Master Cam ideal for a wide range of placements
- Integrated range finder allows you to quickly see if you've chosen the right cam for the placement
- Optimized cam angle provides greater holding power
- Slung with 13mm Monster slings (combination of nylon and Dyneema)
- Color-coded slings and tubing allow for quick size identification when you're pumping out
- Inspected, tested, and built by hand in Bend, Oregon
Share your thoughts
You won't regret buying these guys. These do great as a compliment to a larger set off cams, for those smaller cracks. For reference the metolius number 6 (dark green, largest in this set) pretty much the exact same size as the Black diamond C4 #1, I prefer the action on these to black diamond C4's. I haven't had any experience with the C3's though. One thing you should know though, On the smaller smaller ones, sometimes the trigger can get in the way of putting the cam as deep as you'd want to go.
Great Small Crack Cam
Great Small Crack Cam
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I am building up my rack and recently purchased this set to compliment my C4s and my partners TCUs. I love placing these cams, especially the yellow through red. They are solid, place easily, fit into awkward and small spots and fill in the gaps well where the smaller C4s don't quite work. The flexible stem is fantastic on every piece but the 6. It's floppy and really awkward to place.
Ok, I'm finally getting the funds to build...
Ok, I'm finally getting the funds to build my own rack, the first thing I went for was two sets of nuts, then the C4 camalots for the large to mid range cams, but for the small cams im torn on what to get. Whats better for the smaller cracks and which do you use more often, the x4's, c3's, or metolius mastercams (what worries me about the mastercams is they dont have the beads over the cable like the x4's and may wear out faster)?
I recently had the same dilemma. I had narrowed it down to fixe aliens or x4s due to the flexible stem and "short head". I ended up going with the x4s and I I'm very satisfied with the choice. I must add, however, that I do not place my cams over edges or in "tricky spots" like I had imagined I might - although the flexible/sheathed stem inspires confidence and provides more dynamic placement options, its not exactly a "durability" issue. I can't say I won't double up on x4s in the near future, as I already see a need, but I have considered filling out the space in my rack with cheaper and only slightly less versitile master cams. The gear struggle never ends my friend, but why should I complain - first wold problems are so tough? Good luck my man!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Bought the 0, 1, and 2 to compliment my BD C3's and it was a good decision. Metolius makes some killer cams. If you buy this package, you'll be very happy!