- Detail Images
Dirt on your bag, not your rope.
A good rope bag needs to be durable, simple, and easy to load. The Metolius Dirt Bag II delivers on all the criteria. Ballistic nylon construction is tough enough for dragging the bag around the crag, and the increased capacity provides plenty of space for a 70-meter rope. Plus, the integrated tarp pocket keeps the rope in place for easy loading.
- Ballistic nylon construction provides rugged durability
- Increased capacity provides ample space for a 70-meter rope
- Tarp pocket keeps the rope in place for easy loading
- Padded shoulder strap and molded handle allow for easy transport
- Burly zipper and drawcord closure keep your rope safely stowed
- Plastic window allows you to identify which rope is in the bag without having to open it
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Just used it at the gym so far. It does it's job. Easy to get the tarp and rope out and just as easy to wrap it back up. The tarp is a sufficient size as well, compared to the others I've seen. I do wish it had another strap so you could wear it almost as a pack. Hiking up to a crag with this only around one shoulder doesn't seem all to comfy.
I have been using this bag for about 3 months and it serves its function but the tarp is rather small. Aside from the small tarp the bag functions well and it includes a little plastic window on it so you can see which rope you have in the bag. The durability of the bag is also not the best because I noticed on the second used that the threading on the tarp where it connects to the bag is unraveling. I do appreciate the tarp sleeve that keep the rope in place when you go to pack/unpack the bag.