Select your style & size:Select options
Slumber soundly on big walls.
Designed to withstand the rigors of sleeping thousands of feet above the valley floor, the Metolius Double Bomb Shelter offers steadfast security and solid construction for resting and sleeping on big walls. It's equipped for two climbers, offering enough room for a restful night's sleep after exhausting climbing efforts. Metolius designed the Bomb Shelter with an ingenious spreader bar that retains maximum rigidity and tightness along the bed surface.
Heavy-duty bed construction is doubled in center zones to combat stress, with Durathane haul bag fabric along the wallside for abrasion protection. Color-coded webbing risers use reinforced frame attachments for the utmost in security, with cam-lock buckles operating smoothly, even when it's weighted. Riser straps meet at a gusseted yoke that prevents tangles, subsequently attaching to a free-floating master clip-in loop.
Aircraft-grade 6061-T6 aluminum comprises the frame, ensuring maximum strength and rigidity for added peace of mind at altitude. CNC-milled corner fittings reduce weight without sacrificing strength or security. Anodized poles and corner fittings prevent parts from sticking together, while offering extra corrosion-resistance in wet conditions. The Bomb Shelter comes with a Durathane haul bag for convenient transport up your big wall of choice.
- Innovative spreader bar retains maximum rigidity along bed
- Aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum frame for bombproof strength
- Anodized poles and corner fittings prevent sticking
- Heavy-duty bed construction is doubled along center
- Durathane along wallside for abrasion-resistance
- Gusseted yoke prevents riser straps from tangling
- Durathane haul bag included for convenient transport
- Item #MET003L