- Detail Images
For fast-moving, nature-loving feet.
Light, breathable, and minimalist, the Merrell Men's Proterra Mid Sport Ventilator Hiking Boot feels like air and floats up mountains. But don't let that fool you: you get plent of support from molded TPU arch support and a lugged, stick-rubber sole that puts the death-grip on rock. Let your foot feel the fresh air and get in touch with nature―and the ground.
- Stratafuse technology injects the supportive foot cage directly into the mesh upper to shave weight, enhance durability, and offer a glove-like fit
- Reversed, diamond-cut 2.5mm lugs and Proterra sticky rubber sole give your foot death-grip on slick surfaces
- Bellows tongue seals out dirt and debris
- Removable and durable EVA footbed provides all-day support and comfort
- Aegis-treatment in mesh upper and footbed fights odor-causing bacteria for fresh feet
- Minimal-design PU midsole increases sensitivity to the terrain for natural movement and stability
- Molded TPU arch shank gives tons of durable support for marathon hikes and shoe longevity
- Profile: 4mm drop, 10mm cushioning, and 21mm stack height
Share your thoughts
Merrell Proterra Mid Sport Ventilator
Not for Everyone
I purchased these mid-cut boots in the belief that they would fit similar to my other pair of mid-cut Merrells, the Refuge's. They did not. These boots are very minimalist and do not offer a whole lot of support. I am a true 10.5, I ordered at 10.5, and they are slightly too large. My toes are free in the front of the boots, not due to sizing, but because the material of this shoe is mesh-like. The sole of the shoe is completely flat and the lugs are very small. I would not recommend these shoes for hiking as they do not have much traction and do not offer good support.