- Detail Images
It will take you places.
Pack your things: your weather-defying, terrain-taming Merrell Men's Mattertal Gore-Tex Backpacking Boot is taking you on a trip. Its sticky Vibram sole will keep you upright and roaring through the wilderness, while its waterproof, breathable lining keeps your foot optimally comfy. This stiff, stable backpacker will support your medium-sized pack, so you'll be aptly equipped for an overnighter or a hut-to-hut trip.
- Breathable Gore-Tex Performance Comfort Footwear lining protects foot against wet, inclement weather to keep it dry, comfy, and moving
- Full-grain leather upper wears well, endures, and feels only as real leather can
- Molded TPU external heel counter adds stability
- Vibram Outbound sole with TC rubber and 7mm lugs sticks to smooth, slick, or wet terrain for ultimate sure-footedness
- Board-lasted construction adds supportive stiffness needed for hiking on uneven terrain with a pack
- Bellows tongue seals out dirt and debris
- Removable and durable EVA footbed provides all-day support and comfort
- Aegis-treated lining and footbed fight odor-causing bacteria for fresh feet
- Grade 6 nylon insole supports a medium-weight pack in comfort
- Durable PU midsole supports and comforts foot
- Protective rubber rand and toe cap further seals out moisture and buffers against sharp rocks
Share your thoughts
Can you delivery to Australia?
Can you delivery to Australia?
Some brands do have restrictions as to where we can send them but these Merrells seem to be fine to ship to Australia.
Wide fitting hiker
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I have the Zermatt, which is the GTX fabric version of this boot. Like Mager said in his review, this is a wide fitting boot. That shouldn't be a strike against the boot, as that is what Merrell is known for, and who their customer base is. If you like Merrell's this a good hiker that fits like most of their shoes. It does get a little hot on warm summer days, but this also makes them perfect to use into winter.
If you have a narrower foot or don't like the flat arch of Merrell's, get yourself some Scarpa's or Asolo's.
warranty replacement disappointment
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
I bought a pair of Merrell Perimeter boots (not from backcountry), I didn't like them (they were as stiff as ski boots) I talked to merrell support, and they sent me a pair of these Metterals as a replacement. my initial impression of the boot was that it was cheaply made, with cheap material. the leather feels incredibly thin, the tongue is huge and puffy like a pair of walmart winter boots. then there is the fit. I know i have a low-volume foot, but you would need feet like a Fred Flintstone to fill these suckers up. I actually have 2 after market insoles, plus the factory insole in the boot right now. Surprisingly, with 3 insoles (probably 1/4'' total) the boot became pretty comfortable. I wear these boots for work every day, and they'll work for that. I would never take these on the trail.
do you have this model [Merrell Mattertal...
do you have this model [Merrell Mattertal Gore-Tex Backpacking Boot - Men's] in 8.5 E or 8E?
Hey bruce furukawa,
Unfortunately we do not stock this boot in a wide variant. However, we do have the Vasque Wasatch GTX boot in a 8.5 wide. Here is the link: