- Detail Images
If your foot wanted to get wet it would've gone swimming.
Having wet feet on a long hike is no picnic, so lace up the sturdy, comfy, and puddle-defying Merrell Men's Chameleon 5 Mid Ventilator Waterproof Hiking Boot when you hit the trail. Fully waterproof, yet light and versatile at mid-height, this shoe with Vibram sole and five-millimeter lugs grips the earth with rabid tenacity. Its grade 4 nylon and EVA support gives you all-day stability and comfort, while the pig-suede and mesh upper is both durable and breathable. If all that comfy protection isn't enough, the lining is treated with Aegis to help keep your pinkies fresh and happy.
- Upper features fully waterproof construction to protect your foot against wet, inclement weather to keep it dry, comfy, and moving
- Pig suede leather and mesh upper breathes for cool comfort and withstands rough outdoor wear and tear
- Metal hook and lacing eyelet provides precise and consistent fit and secure closure
- Strobel construction slip-lasting is the standard for durable sport footwear
- Aegis-treated lining fights odor-causing bacteria for fresh feet
- Grade 4 nylon insole supports a medium-weight pack in comfort
- Comfortable and supportive 2mm EVA insole absorbs shock to help save your joints and muscles
- External heel arm adds stability
- Compression-molded EVA footframee provides cushioning for impact-resistance and enduring comfort
- Bellowed tongue seals out debris and drafts
- Vibram Chameleon 5 sole with TC5+ rubber with 5mm lug depth sticks to smooth, slick, or wet terrain for ultimate sure-footedness
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
- Fit: Runs small
The shoe was exactly what he wanted and has always worn a size 12. The shoe ran small, he needed a 13- which is not offered.
Did this boot recently replace the Merrell...
Did this boot recently replace the Merrell Chameleon 4 Mid Ventilator? I know BC.com carried the 4 Mid, but I don't see it anymore.
You are right Bob, these did replace last years Chameleon Ventilator and unfortunately they just are not going to make that old model any longer. Now they did make some changes to this boot since last year but they should still perform really well on trail.