Protection from the wind and the cold with a venting option for touring.
Ski touring in the windy alpine presents a tough challenge, but the Marmot WindStopper Convertible Glove enables wind-blocking and a little venting for sweaty skin tracks. Heat regulation and reducing sweat become key once you spend a majority of your time hauling your carcass up a mountain, and this WindStopper softshell half-mitten and half-fingerless glove prepares you for your body's dramatic temperature changes all the way up the cold, wind-blasted ridge.
- WindStopper softshell body fabric blocks the wind chill in exposed areas on the skin track and also breathes, wicks moisture, and dries quickly
- Washable Digital Hairsheep Leather reinforcement adds some durability and a solid grip while you navigate icy kick turns
- Fold-back mitt lets your fingers breathe
- Magnet on the backhand and back of the mitt secures the convertible mitt as you buckle your boots
- Carabiner loops permit hanging and racking where you won't lose the glove
- Lightweight softshell glove design can also be used as a liner glove inside larger shell mitts
Share your thoughts
Well it wasn't exactually what I thought
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
That being said... I think they may be what I needed. They are small size (bulk wise) which is perfect for fitting cross county race poles straps. Easy to convert to use fingers, perfect for a coach (me) to fix frozen bindings or pin on race bibs with safely pins and keep me warm on the course. I got them after ski race season but looking forward to next season.
like a bike glove with finger pod
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
I found medium to be tight. My hand was 8.25" around per their dimensions, that should be medium.
I am returning the glove because all the seams around the base of each finger creates too much materials resulting in tightness.
Tightness = reduced circulation, which is the opposite of why I was interested in the glove.
for sizing, is this mens or womens? i dont...
for sizing, is this mens or womens? i dont see any indication of gender.
This glove is unisex, but basic sizing is men's. If you need to, click on the sizing chart below the 'select size' option above for your conversion.