No frills here.
What you really need to ask yourself is whether you really need a jacket with aerodynamic spoilers coming off the shoulders and a hood with an integrated propeller hat. The Marmot Wayfarer Men's Jacket may not come with every feature under the sun, but it does feature a dependable design that will work well whether you're skiing on a stormy spring day, hiking through a summer rain storm, or just trying to get from bar to bar without getting cold and wet from driving winds and nuking snow.
Built with a Gore-Tex shell, the Wayfarer delivers waterproof and breathable protection, while fully taped seams ensure moisture doesn't come creeping through the cracks. The hood may be lacking that plastic propeller to give you extra lift when you go airborne, but it is fully adjustable so you can draw it close to your noggin when you're riding a chairlift during a snow storm, or waiting out a rain storm on a windy ridge line. Marmot even added its DriClime chin guard to prevent any unsightly rashes on your chin or neck from killing your après-ski game.
- A versatile jacket for skiing, hiking, and general wear
- Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex shell with fully taped seams
- Fixed hood is adjustable to protect against wind and snow
- DriClime chin guard is soft against the neck and chin
- Regular fit with relaxed shoulders and straight hem
- Item #MAR00UZ
- Q & A
Doe this jacket have pit-zips?