A versatile Variant.
Do your other insulating jackets resist light precipitation, feature toasty-warm insulation, and pack into their own hand pocket? Marmot's Men's Variant Hooded Insulated Jacket does all of the above, and it'll massage your weary feet after a long day on the trail ( ... ok, the massage is a bit of a stretch). Designed with movement in mind and weighing in at just over 14 ounces, this is a jacket that you'll use for backpacking, ski touring, or belaying during the colder months.
- Angel-Wing Movement design shapes the arms and shoulders of this jacket so you have maximum range of motion
- Nylon shell fabric keeps this jacket lightweight, durable, and highly packable
- DWR fabric coating resists light moisture and precipitation
- Thermo R Eco insulation provides enough warmth for brisk weather without sacrificing packability or making this jacket bulky
- Eco classification points to the partially recycled nature of the Thermal R insulation
- Polartec Power Stretch Pro sleeves put stretchy, breathable fabric right where you need the most mobility and comfort
- Elastic-bound cuffs and an elastic drawcord hem seal out chilly drafts
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
I am 5'-10" 190lbs and the large fits perfectly. Very light and comfortable by itself or I can layer a jacket over it for additional warmth. Great product.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Awesome ! Great fitted base layer. Very warm and functional!
Good afternoon, what�s the difference...
Good afternoon, what�s the difference between this one Variant and the Alpinist Hybrid hooded Jacket by Marmot.
What�s the warmest?
thank you regards
This jacket has Thermal R Eco as insulation in the body where as the alpinist has PrimaLoft one, which is considered to be the industry leader for synthetic insulation. The Alpinist also has angel wing construction which should give you the ability to lift your arms without the body of the jacket riding up as much, and an extra zippered pocket on the arm. Both should be similar warmth wise as they are of similar weights, though the alpinist is probably just a tad bit warmer, and is of better quality.
Great for fitness or the town
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Love the semi athletic fit. The Insulation adds warmth in the right places. Works great for extra warmth in athletic winter activites, but also looks awesome for one the town advantures.