A tough rain shell for when the weather turns against you.
- The women's-specific fit features Angel-Wing movement so you can climb and scramble without the jacket's back lifting
- Fully taped seams prevent water from sneaking in through the fabric joints
- The adjustable hood rolls into the collar, which turns the rain shell into a lightweight shell for chilly evenings around camp
- Underarm zippers dump body heat as you hike towards your dry bed back in civilization
- Hook-and-loop cuffs, a front storm flap, and an elastic hem drawcord seal you up from the blowing storm
Share your thoughts
I was hesitant that such a great shell would be on sale for such a great price but this jacket is awesome! I have worn it skiing and it is very water resistant. I am 5ft 6 and 130-135 lbs and got it in a large causes that was the only size they had on sale and thought it would be ok for layering purposes. The jacket is too big and i really wish I had the medium but I am keeping it anyways. I am taking it trekking to the Himalayas because I need a good shell that is light weight....this will do the trick!
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I've had this rain jacket over two years now and it has never let me down. I enjoy the armpit zips and the overall fit. Just recently the pocket ripped and that was my own fault. I really love this jacket and I'm glad I purchased. I'm 5'10 and around 180-190 lbs. and the XL is snug with a flannel shirt or a thin hoodie! Hope this helps.
I am only 5' tall so would need the XS...
I am only 5' tall so would need the XS size. What colours are available, and how long would it take a parcel to reach Brisbane, Qld, Australia
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I bought the Marmot Strato in the fall of 2011, finally tired of being damp and chilly at outdoor dog agility trials (held in September and October). After reading a lot of reviews about rain shells, I opted for the Strato because it was lined at the collar and was a bit more substantial than the Precip. I became a true believer after its first outing, which was a cool and breezy morning following by heavy rain in the afternoon. Everyone else was shivering and complaining, but I remained warm (layers underneath...the Strato just blocks the wind) and dry. It has now gone through an entire year of wear and is still going strong. I'm 5'4" and 150 pounds; the Large is roomy enough for a base layer plus fleece underneath, without seeming huge if I wear it in the warmer months.
Does this jacket have a dual zipper in the...
Does this jacket have a dual zipper in the front? Can you unzip from both top and bottom?
Yes, it has a 2-way zipper.
Planning a trip to Europe and bringing this jacket along. It is light weight and durable. Size is right on. Color matches what is shown on the website. Have already tested it out in the rain and have no complaints.