- Detail Images
Made for the long haul.
Reach for the Men's Pro Tour Softshell Pant when your day on the mountain involves miles of skinning and plenty of hot, sweaty bootpacking. Windproof M2 softshell material also resists water, stretches for mobility, and breathes to help you stay comfortable during highly aerobic winter activity such as skiing or mountaineering. Removable suspenders offer support to keep your pants in place on the deepest days or through the toughest alpine routes.
- M2 Softshell balances weather resistance with breathability and warmth for moving fast in moderate conditions
- Shell fabric is water-resistant and windproof for protection from the elements
- Suspenders are adjustable and can be removed when you don't need the extra support
- Articulated knees allow for superior range of motion
- Zip leg cuffs give you access to boot buckles, and internal gaiters help seal out deep snow
- Bonded scuff guards protect the pant legs from damage
Share your thoughts
Not messing around
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
These pants are awesome. I got them as all-around ski pants, with a focus on backcountry skiing and long tours in all sorts of weather. They have performed every time I have taken them out.
They are super warm, but breathable. The fabric is tough and durable. One issue is that there is no side zips for the legs, but if you're not a super profuse sweater I think you'll be ok!
"Size" lists only numbers from 30 to 40....
"Size" lists only numbers from 30 to 40. Is that inseam or waist? Thx. Philip
Hey Philip, that is going to correspond with the waist measurement. You can check the inseam lengths that relate via the size chart (link here: http://www.backcountry.com/Store/content/sizingChart.jsp?chartId=554&categoryId=bcsCat1111028) or hit one of us up on the Live Chat if you wanted. Also, if you ever wanted to try anything and it wasn't what you were looking for, you can take advantage of our amazing return policy.
The size is for the waist. The ones that Backcountry carries are the Regular-length inseam versions of the Pro Tour. See the Marmot sizing chart here: http://www.backcountry.com/Store/content/sizingChart.jsp?chartId=554&categoryId=bcsCat1111028
I'm wondering whether the whole pant has...
I'm wondering whether the whole pant has the Polartec Shield membrane or just specific parts, knees/seat. It's difficult to tell from Marmot's description. Thank you.
The whole pant has the Polartec Shield material.