A three-season shell that balances weather protection with comfort.
Waterproof breathable Gore-Tex Performance Shell gives the Marmot Men's Palisades Jacket its robust ability to protect you from the weather, and an array of comfort features keeps a smile on your face from late fall to early spring. Zip a Zippin-compatible liner jacket into this storm shell during the winter, and when it's time to hike through early spring showers, leave the mid-layers at home, zip off the hood, zip out the powder skirt, and open up the underarm zips. This is a versatile, three-season shell that steps in and out of the seasons just as quickly as you can change gears between ski season and hiking season.
- Waterproof breathable Gore-Tex Performance shell blocks outside moisture so you stay bone-dry in storms and also allows sweaty vapor to escape through the fabric to the outside when you start to heat up
- Fully taped seams make sure no moisture seeps through
- 2-Layer Performance Shell is quiet and feels soft (unlike the crinkly, stiff, tarp-like fabric some shells have)
- Paneled mesh lining allows air to circulate between your mid-weight or baselayers and the shell material of this jacket
- Articulated Angel-Wing Movement means that you can lift your arms and reach freely without experiencing lifting at the hem
- Underarm vents come in handy when you need to dump excess heat, and these vents use water-resistant zippers to increase weatherproofing
- Hood zips off when you don’t need it, it's large enough to fit over a ski helmet or climbing helmet, and it features a laminated brim that stands up against wind and hard precipitation
- Zip-off powder skirt includes gripper elastic that keeps it in place when you're trudging through a deep snowbank or skiing on a powder day
- Zippin Compatibility allows you to zip a compatible Zippin liner jacket into this shell for additional warmth
- DriClime-lined chin guard feels smooth and comfortable against your chin so there's no chafing when you zip the front all the way up
Share your thoughts
I have an older Marmot jacket and it has...
I have an older Marmot jacket and it has a hidden pocket between the front zipper and the wind guard. I was wondering if this might have it too since this pocket is so convenient
I've the opportunity to wear the jacket several times. Best jacket purchase ever!
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I am enjoying my new jacket and have been skiing in it a couple of times now. Great arm movement & length. I recently purchased the fleece liner jacket that zips right into the shell and it is very warm then. A great layering jacket with the pit zips and zip off hood. I don't know why I waited so long to get a new jacket!