- UPF 50 rating acts as a bodyguard against harmful UV rays
- Gusseted crotch and articulated knees provide non-restricted movement
- Relaxed fit gives you room to scramble and rock-hop
- Cotton bedford fabric is durable but soft
- Back pockets with reinforced stitching stand up to rough sittin' surfaces and three-pound wallets
Share your thoughts
Just great pants
I love these. I'm 5'10" and 140 and the 30's fit perfect. THey aren't baggy or tight, just a good fit. They're really comfortable, I wear them all the time. I can wear them hiking or around town. You can't really lose with these. Definitely a sturdy pant, I'm not remotely concerned with holes or serious wear from using them.
I got the chert which is a pretty odd color...
Marmot Matador Pant
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
So far I have really enjoyed wearing these pants. I bought the 2 different colors (chert and gargoyle) and they both rock. The fabric is soft but feels durable given I've only had them a few weeks and only 1 washing. I ordered size 34 and I'm 6 foot 180pounds and they fit nicely. The legs are a touch long, but not too long that they bunch up at the bottom. So far the reinforcement stitching and cut have been both business casual appropriate, and great for doing outdoor activities. Also, the crotch area is much more comfortable than regular style jeans or pants. If you have issues with other pants in that region, definitely consider this style. I may even pick up the dark khaki to complete the trio.
So much better than jeans
They have that tough exterior of denim, but with some nice stretch you'd expect from an outdoor company. Gussetted in the right places for toughness. These are amazing pants. A great alternative to jeans or khakis. Very stylish as well. I am very, very happy with them,