Go find a ledge with the Ledge.
- Spacer Airmesh back panel and shoulder straps keep you comfortable and cool
- Highly durable 420D oxford and 330D dobby weave fabric reinforced with double layer at bottom for even greater abrasion resistance
- Padded laptop sleeve fits your 17-inch laptop
- Internal pocket holds your tablet or e-reader
- Clipping points with reflective tape make you more visible at dusk
- Internal organizer pocket with key clip keeps small items from floating about in the interior, while side mesh pockets hold your water bottles
- Internal clips and hose port accommodate a small hydration reservoir (not included)
- Trekking pole holder is removable for trips into town
- Removable webbing waist belt keeps the pack from bouncing around
Share your thoughts
Will the bag hold a 3" binder = 3.5" x 12"...
Will the bag hold a 3" binder = 3.5" x 12" x 12"?
I have the Scree. which is the next size down from the Ledge and it will hold a 3" binder, so that should be no problem with the Ledge.
Couldn't be happier with Backpack
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I was looking for a backpack to use daily just to haul back and forth to work, plus to use on vacations. This backpack has fit the bill so far. Loads of pockets and places to organize my things.
The construction appears to be very durable. Nothing about it seems cheaply made.
Very happy with my purchase.
can trekking pole holder be stretched to...
can trekking pole holder be stretched to hold ice axe?
I would say that there is an extremely likely probability that if the straps will fit trekking poles, they can be finagled to fitting an ice axe. Sierra Trading Post seems to think so in their spec list they provide for this pack (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/marmot-ledge-backpack~p~6378h/). However, I would be wary of doing that, as I cannot seem to find out how large the lower loops are that I suspect are built into the backpack to hold the pole tips, so I would worry that they wouldn't have a large enough diameter to fit the shaft point of the ice axe. If anything, you could order it and put an axe on to see; if it works for you, keep it, and if not, return it!