Who knew that Helium could be as warm as it is light?
- Marmot's women-specific fit provides more in the hip region includes extra insulation in those notorious cold zones
- Ultralight Pertex Microlight ripstop shell is highly breathable and water-resistant, and it resists abrasion and wind like a champ
- DWR finish repels frost, dew, and condensation
- Premium 850-fill goose down packs down well, rebounds nicely after repeated compression, and features a high warmth-to-weight ratio
- Down-filled draft collar and full-length draft tube protect against areas where cold can creep in unexpectedly
- Nautilus six-baffle hood with down-filled collar and drawcord guards your face in drafty tents
- Stretch tricot baffles extend the life and shape of bag and improve warmth retention
- Face Muff allows hood to be cinched without irritating your face
- Large trapezoidal footbox decreases constriction at the bottom of the bag
- Nylon stuff sack and a storage bag included
- EN comfort-rated at 19-degrees F for shoulder-season and mild winter conditions
Share your thoughts
The fill in this bag is goose down
Is the Helium availabe in a women's short?...
Is the Helium availabe in a women's short? I am just under 5'2".
You have Regular size:
Weight: 2 lbs 2.6 oz / 981 g
Fill Weight: 19.5 oz / 553 g
Shoulder: 62" / 157.5 cm
Hip: 58" / 147.3 cm
Foot: 40" / 101.6 cm
Call the store for more info...
The fit and finish on this bag is first rate. It compares well with top-end bags like Feathered Friends (FF) and Western Mountaineering (WM). Shell is Pertex Microlight ripstop microfiber. Beautifully detailed. Fill level is similar to several ounces of overstuff. Warmth rating is more conservative and geared for women. Bought for my daughter and we'll be testing it soon on a ten day mountaineering trip. Stuff sack is made of same material as the sleeping bag shell, but is undersized and takes too much effort to stuff. Recommend a lightweight aftermarket stuffsack light a granite gear air compressor.
I love this bag! It packs down really small and great for backpacking. I have only used it down to 25-30 degree camping, and it kept me toasty. It does run a little snug and keeps on in one place :)
Is the women's helium bag still offered...
Is the women's helium bag still offered in a "long"
can't seem to find it online or on Marmot's website...
It does not appear so as we only carry this item in the regular variant at this time.
Wife loves it!
All of the reviews for the Marmot Helium bag seem to be for the men's version. I bought this bag for my wife to use in the spring and fall backpacking seasons. Some bags, big agnes rectangle bags in particular, claim to be rated to 15 degress but most fall short. This bag easily keeps my wife warm down to the low 30's upper twenties with no complaints, we have never tested it below a temperature of 25 degress. My friend bought his girlfriend a Big Agnes lulu which is also rated as a 15 degree bag but synthetic. The loft between the bags is incredibly different (so is the price). The helium lufts up 3+ inches higher with a noticably more even distrubtion of down. The fit on the regular is great for my 5 ft 3 in wife, enough extra room to bury into the bag or keep your clothes in the footbox. My only complaint is the stuff sack, it takes me about 5 minutes to get this thing packed in and I rarely get the sinch all the way closed. Maybe the down will compress further with more use and this will become easier. You get what you pay for in a sleeping bag and this is one of the best bags in the market.
Is the weight correct at 1162 grams? I...
Is the weight correct at 1162 grams? I own the men's version from a few years back and it is much lighter than that. Seems like the womens version would be lighter since it is shorter.
Hey there, yeah its correct according to Marmot's website as well:
Colors: Oceana (269)
Weight: 2 lbs 9 oz / 1162 g
Fill Weight: 25.76 oz / 730 g
Size on Hip: 58in/147.32cm
Size on Foot: 38in/96.52cm
Main Material: 20 Denier 100% Nylon Mini Ripstop DWR 1.1 oz/yd
Lining Material: 20 Denier 100% Recycled Polyester Mini Ripstop DWR 1.0 oz/yd
Insulation Material: 850+ Fill Power Goose Down
I was wondering about that as well, and the EN temp rating for this bag, since it is 6.5 deg F lower than the men membrain version, I figure something is funky... or this is a great deal. Almost as warm as the standard Lithium and $90 cheaper