- Detail Images
The ideal blend of weather protection and moisture management.
Moving fast in tough weather conditions requires an outerwear piece that can not only block the elements but also manage your sweat so you don't end up soaked from the inside out. The Marmot Men's Fusion Softshell Jacket meets those requirements and goes even further. The stretchy M2 Softshell shrugs off weather while the sweat-zone positioned DriClime Mesh transfers moisture away from your skin so it can quickly evaporate, leaving you dry, comfy, and hungry for the next set of switchbacks.
- M2 is Marmot's ideal softshell balance of weather resistance, breathability, and warmth
- Strategically placed DriClime Mesh Wicking lining keeps you dry and comfy when you start to sweat
- Athletic fit and generous fabric stretch allow you to move freely
- Angel Wing Movement prevents the hem from riding up when you reach overhead
- Elastic cuffs with integrated thumbholes prevent sleeves from riding up
- Elastic drawcord hem seals around your waist to keep weather out and warmth in
- Zippered chest pocket with headphone port keeps your music player securely stowed
- Zippered front pockets warm up cold hands
- Reflective accents improve visibility in low light conditions
Share your thoughts
So Far So Good!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
Excellent softshell! Very lightweight, works as promised. Took it out on a 5 mile run @ 25F with light baselayer. Holds warmth and allowed great breathability. Once nice feature: it covers the full length of the uppper body through the glutes, very helpful for heat retention. More updates to follow otherwise a great product so far!
I had a an old version of the marmot...
I had a an old version of the marmot windshirt that had pockets and stretch panels...I loved that jacket I , hiked, ran, climbed, did everything in that jacket, till the zipper fell off, literally. I am looking At the stride jacket and this jacket the fusion. I am torn between the stride(which seems like a very similar product to what I had) and the fusion. Can you tell me the differences?
Jon, I think the jacket you had was the Evolution Jacket with N2S Windstopper. Best garment ever made by anybody and there is nothing equivalent currently made by anybody. The zipper fell off mine too, I sent it back to Marmot and they fixed it. I am also looking for other similar jackets (only so much can be fixed), and the main difference is that this is a light "softshell" where as the Stride is a light "hardshell". They are both very light, but the Fusion is softer, less wet-proof, stretchier, and has thumb holes (which is a deal-breaker for me).