Select your style & size:Select options
Straight from Marmot's ultralight tent line.
At just 3.5 pounds, the Marmot Eclipse 2 Tent is an ideal choice for fast-and-light three-season backpacking excursions and multi-day cycling trips for two. The highly breathable No-See-Um-Net canopy material keeps your sleep space free of blood-guzzling alpine mosquitoes, and the Easy Pitch pole clips make set-up quick and intuitive for you and your hiking partner.
- No-See-Um-Net canopy material is highly breathable, keeps bugs out, and allows for stargazing on clear nights
- Nylon ripstop fly fabric has a silicone/PU coating and fully taped seams to provide reliable protection in spring, summer, or fall
- Waterproof nylon floor fabric with fully taped seams keeps you dry and protected in wet weather
- Industry-leading DAC Featherlite NSL poles are strong, light, and reliable
- Single door and vestibule located at the head end of the tent allow for entry and exit
- 28 square feet of floor area is designed to comfortably sleep two adults
- Canopy is high enough to comfortably sit upright inside the tent
- Trail weight of just 3.5 pounds makes the Eclipse a great choice for backpacking
- Easy Pitch pole clips make set-up quick, easy, and intuitive
- Bare Bones Set-up provides an ultralight fast-pitch option (footprint sold separately)
- Reflective Guy Out points enhance performance in stormy weather
- Item #MAR2770
- Q & A
Solid Tent - It's my primary
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've used this tent backpacking 4 times and car camping 6 times.
A little snug with 2 people but that is expected in a light backpacking tent.
Tons of room for me (solo) while car-camping or if you can spare a few extra ounces on a trail.
Gear loft makes a big difference for me. I store a light and hang socks etc for drying.
Take an extra :15 seconds during setup to make sure the poles are right side up and use the velcro to help keep the fly centered.
Awesome airy mesh for dry nights. Handled two moderate storms this weekend without a drop of water inside.
Eclipse 2P Tent
Thanks Phil, and one more Q.... How many...
Thanks Phil, and one more Q....
How many pockets and hanging loops are inside the tent?
No problem. It just has that one by the door. As I recall, it has two hanging gear loops along the ridge seam.
Check out this one too. Double doors and vestibules for about the same weight and square footage is nice.
Is there a vent on the foot end of the...
Is there a vent on the foot end of the fly?
No, there is no formal vent up high on the foot end, but the fly not reaching the ground is where the ventilation comes from, especially if you set the guy lines and extend the fly out a little.