Designed by engineers with stormy weather on the (mem)brain.
Marmot engineers gave the Men's Conness Jacket a little extra length at the back so the waterproof breathable Membrain shell material will easily protect your backside from soggy snow and wet weather. You'll find all the features you need to comfortably weather a storm, from underarm zip vents to a laminated hood brim and a zip-off powder skirt. Reach for this jacket when you run into heavy snow at your local ski resort and when cold, early-spring showers threaten your walk in the woods.
- Waterproof breathable MemBrain is bonded to the durable nylon face fabric
- MemBrain blocks external wetness so you stay totally dry in storms, and it also allows your sweaty moisture to escape through the fabric so the interior of the jacket doesn't get swampy
- Fabric is fully taped at the seams for additional weatherproofing
- Regular fit is straight for easy movement, and it leaves enough room underneath so you can comfortably layer
- Micro Stitching ensures precise construction and additional resistance to tough wear and tear
- Angel-Wing movement gives this jacket an articulated fit under the arms so you can move your arms and upper body without causing lifting at the hem
- Regular fit gives this jacket a more traditional and casual feel without going too loose or baggy
- Underarm vents come in handy when you need to dump excess heat, and these vents use water-resistant zippers to increase weatherproofing
- Attached storm hood has a rigid, laminated brim that keeps precipitation out of your eyes during a storm
- Zip-off powder skirt includes gripper elastic that keeps it in place when you're trudging through a deep snowbank or skiing on a powder day
- Internal and external pockets use water-resistant zippers that lock out moisture
- Sleeve cuffs use tabs with hook-and-loop closures that allow you to secure your cuffs tightly around your wrists or cuff of your gloves
Share your thoughts
A good shell
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This jacket would make a great shell, but if it's chilly, you definitely need something underneath as it is not that warm. It is breathable, and held out moisture in light snow. A medium fit well, not too long. I'm 5'10'' 150 lbs. This is not mentioned in the description, but it does have zippers on the inside to zip in a fleece or liner, although I haven't found a liner specific to this jacket. Overall, looks cool, but is a bit overpriced.