A small—but tough and versatile—daypack.
- Spacer Airmesh back panel and shoulder straps keep you comfortable and cool so you can focus on the scenery
- Highly durable 420D oxford and 330D dobby weave fabric reinforced with double layer at bottom for even greater abrasion resistance
- Padded laptop sleeve fits your 13-inch laptop
- Internal pocket holds your tablet or e-reader
- Clipping points with reflective tape make you more visible at dusk
- Internal clips and hose port accommodate a small hydration reservoir (not included)
- Trekking pole holder is removable for trips into town
- Removable webbing waist belt keeps the pack from bouncing around
Share your thoughts
Which reservoir do they recommend using...
Which reservoir do they recommend using with this pack? I want to make sure there is one that matches the mounting points properly, and I don't see that they have one listed.
I've got a 2L Osprey Hydraform (http://www.backcountry.com/osprey-packs-hydraform-hydration-reservoir) crammed into my Black Diamond Bullet, which is slightly larger than the Cam... but really, any hydration bladder will work.
Hope this info helps!
Nice, small pack, but...
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
Ordered the Marmot CAM to replace an simple, well-aged Widerness Experience daypack. I was looking for something like my old pack (compact, packable), yet with features I've always wanted in my old pack: water bladder compartment, some more small storage pockets, etc. This has the desired storage pockets, but the extra padding and stiffness was overkill for such a small pack. A lot of new, small packs are this way. This is a nice-featured pack, but it's just too much for a portable pack, IMO. My old pack had no padding whatsoever, and I never had a problem with comfort. I ended up returning it and am still looking.
BTW, I agree with some reviewers that the main compartment zipper is a little unwieldy when the zipper flap is folded over. I was going to give 4 stars, but think I'll knock it down to three - avg.
Will a Samsung Series 7 NP700Z3A-S06US...
Will a Samsung Series 7 NP700Z3A-S06US 14-Inch Laptop fit inside the padded laptop compartment. The dimensions are 12.70 x 8.80 x 0.93 inches.
Sounds like you'd be pushing the limits of what this bag can hold, but there's usually some wiggle room from the softness of the fabric. I can't find exact dimensions on the laptop compartment, unfortunately.
Are the zippers on the bag made by YKK or...
Are the zippers on the bag made by YKK or are they another brand?
I checked with Marmot, and while these zippers should display the Marmot brand on them, they are YKK manufactured.
Is this backpack waterproof?
Is this backpack waterproof?
It is not waterproof but the material will provide some resistance. The zippers and stitching points will be the main avenue for water intrusion. You can get a pack cover to give you total protection from rain.