- Community Images
More room than you'd think.
Marmot designed the Aura 2-Person to milk every bit of versatility from its area so you get maximum versatility from minimum weight. The near-vertical walls make use of every inch of area and the innovative three-pole design spreads the roof for more headroom. Nobody likes being stuck in a tent during a storm, but if you have to, get yourself stuck in a Marmot Aura Tent.
- Tough, waterproof breathable 40D nylon ripstop fly with 1800mm polyurethane coating
- 20D No-See-Um mesh canopy for cooling ventilation and bug protection
- Ultra-durable 40D nylon floor with 3000mm waterproof coating
- Lightweight DAC aluminum poles
- Dual doors and vestibules for easy access and palatial space
- Plenty of room for 2 sleepers and vestibules for wet, stinky gear
- Maximum weight is 4 pounds 12 ounces, so it won't weigh you down, especially if you split it up
- Bare bones setup is just fly, footprint, and poles for light weight
- Color-coded Easy Pitch clips and poles
Share your thoughts
Cordillera central, Colombia
I heard that the zippers snag in the older...
I heard that the zippers snag in the older model of the Aura, I was wondering if they corrected the problem?
I am seeking a spacious 2-man...
I am seeking a spacious 2-man tent (I'm claustrophobic) for myself for an upcoming hike to the West Coast Trail. I think the Aura 2p looks like a great tent but I'm concerned that the packed-down size of the tent is 'big'. Does anyone have any pictures of the tent packed up? Will it fit strapped to the outside of a pack? Can anyone reccomend any similar spacious 2 man tents? Thanks!
For a two-person, the Alps Zephyr 2 is pretty open inside... but if you really want space (at a price) I'd recommend you look at the Big Agnes Copper Spur THREE PERSON. Larger and a little lighter (and packs way smaller) than this Aura 2.
0 degrees at Torres del Paine. Great tent, it stood up well up to 4 inches of snow. It does tend to condensate often when it's very cold but it's a 3 season tent.