- Detail Images
A trustworthy design that gets you from A to B and every peak in between.
- Gore-Tex membrane guarantees waterproof protection without sacrificing breathability
- Motion Control technology enhances lateral support while maintaining forward-to-back flexibility
- Foot Mapping and memory foam optimize fit for comfort during sustained use
- PD Cage sole technology distributes energy from heel for efficient strides and added arch support
- Rubber reinforcements at toe and heel protect from rocks, stumps, and debris
- Rolling Concept design uses targeted cushioning to promote a natural and healthy gait
- Proprietary Mammut SD Footbed offers the best in underfoot cushioning
Share your thoughts
Good Hiking Boot
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs large
I purchased this boot to wear with snowshoes in the winter and for hiking during the summer months. I really like the boot. I normally wear a size 10 and have wide feet. I ordered the 9.5 and its roomy enough to wear with hiking socks. I think Mammut boots run a little large. Just remember that when ordering. The boot is wonderful for women with wide feet. The boot also looks good. The blue highlights really stand out against the deep brown. The boot is totally waterproof. I have tested this on hikes where I have needed to walk across creeks. My feet stay warm and dry.
The boots have a Vibram sole and its on the stiff side. The stiffness is good for walking on rocky surfaces or scree. The foot is supported . The leather upper also provides stable ankle support. The upper ankle support is nicely padded on the inside.
If you have wide feet and are looking for stable ankle support in a water proof boot, this would be a wonderful choice.
Mammut White Rose GTX Boot - Women's
Probably returning them, but...
It feels odd to post a review about boots you're sending back, but in case it's helpful:
These feel true to size if a bit wide (which normally works for me). From a visual inspection, they also seem very well made (looking at the stitching, the relative symmetry, etc.) and the upper felt comfortably snug.
However, the sole is incredibly stiff , more so than all but one pair of hiking/backpacking boots I've had previously (Montrail Moraines), and I found that level of stiffness really uncomfortable in the long haul. However, if you ARE looking for a super-stiff sole, these may be the boots for you.
Great especially for wider feet
These boots not only look great but they feel like slippers on the inside and tough sturdy boots on the outside!