- Detail Images
Windproof protection in the high alpine realm.
Before heading out to attempt the alpine route that has been keeping you up at night, suit up in the Women's Mammut Ultimate Westgrat Jacket. The Gore WindStopper shell and reinforced brim keep you protected from bone-chilling wind gusts and rogue storms while the ergonomically tailored front-reach sleeves accommodate each swing of your ice axes. You'll appreciate the front pockets that can be accessed when wearing your pack and harness when you stumble upon a group of mountain goats and need to quickly grab your camera.
- The Gore-Windstopper shell is windproof, highly abrasion resistant, and has good stretch properties for climbing movements
- Fully taped Extreme Duo Lock seams keep wet conditions out
- Ergonomically tailored front reach sleeves are specifically designed to accommodate climbing movements
- Front accessed underarm zips provide ventilation during high-exertion activities
- The 3-point adjustable hood with a reinforced wind shield fits snugly and protects from strong wind gusts
- Extended sleeve cuff hook-and-loop tabs provide a complete seal around the wrists
- Front pockets specifically positioned to allow access while wearing a backpack or harness
Share your thoughts
This coat runs big and long
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs large
This coat runs big and long. I'm 5'4" and this coat came down well past my butt into my thighs. I normally wear a medium but Mammut seems to run small sometimes so I ordered a large with the hopes of it fitting nicely with all my layers underneath it, I feel like I could have ordered a small and had it fit comfortably.
is this Jacket waterproof as well? I could...
is this Jacket waterproof as well? I could not find anything in the description. Thank you
Its waterproof rating is dependent on its use. This jacket is considered a soft-shell jacket, not a hard-shell. For 100% waterproofing, you want a fully seam-taped Gore-Tex, eVent or Neoshell hard-shell jacket.
This WindStopper soft-shell will stop 95% of the moisture from October through April . The WindStopper membrane will block all but a downpour. This material is made to be more breathable than waterproof. This is more of a 3 season piece than a 4 season jacket. Hope this helps. :)