Select your style & size:Select options
- Efficient and focused LED bulbs provide clear and piercing light to illuminate objects up to 30m away
- Multiple settings depending on your needs, including emergency strobe
- Included AAA batteries keep your light going for up to 80 hours
- Double switch-lock prevents accidental draining in a pack
- Item #MAM0706
- Q & A
on/off button is glitchy
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
It's sharp looking, like everything else Mammut makes. And when it's on, it's bright. The problem is that you have to push the on/off button multiple times to get it to turn on. That's more than a little frustrating when you're fumbling around for your light in the tent during the night when you need to pee.
Elastic wasn't great
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is now cinched all the way down and is still slipping down my abnormally large head.
Efficient and simple design
I tried this one out after having used the Petzl Tikka 2 for a while. What I like about it is in my title, it is simple and efficient. With an elastic headband and a 4 led light that is all you get. It is a little more powerful than the Tikka coming in at 60 lumen, so you get a little more bang for your buck, and has multiple settings for lighting depending on your needs The band is strong and articulates well with the head and or helmet (I have used it on some night ascents just for kicks) and it worked well. It does not bounce around trail running and it feels comfortable on the forehead. Not really powerful like my mountaineering headlamps, but gets the job done. I think the pricing is fairly reasonable as it is $5 bucks more than the Tikka 2. I think this is a solid all around headlamp, and your ingenuity could think of several uses for it.