- Detail Images
Slide into the Splide for ice climbing perfection.
When technical ice and mixed climbing is the order of the day, slide into the Men's Mammut Splide Pant for all-weather protection that stretches to allow the tricky figure-four at the crux of your route. The fully taped seams and water-resistant YKK zippers work to keep you dry while the hem reinforcement protects against sharp crampons. Plus, the side zips go all the way to the hip, allowing you to take these pants on or off while still wearing boots.
- The twill-weave DRYtech Premium 3-Layer Stretch fabric provides reliable protection from rain, snow, and wind without weighing a ton
- Fully taped seams keep wet conditions out
- The regular fit works with the stretch fabric to allow a full range of climbing and skiing movements
- Spray proof YKK zippers block wet weather
- The side zips go all the way to the hips, making these pants easy to take on and off even while wearing boots
- Integrated, adjustable gaiters cover alpine and ski boots to keep snow out
- Hem reinforcement protects against sharp edges and crampons
- Adjustable suspenders provide a comfortable fit
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I spent a lot of time looking for a pair of pants that would be great for everyday use in the winter time for walking my puppies in the early morning and late at night. Since I spend a lot of time outside walking them (5-8 times a day), I needed something durable and water/wind proof. After a lot of looking and reviewing I finally pulled the trigger on these. I absolutely love the Splide Pant. I wear them, basically, everyday. They are quick to get on and with the side vent zippers I can cool off quickly if I need to. I wear a midweight base layer underneath them and I have barely noticed the cold weather outside when I am walking my dogs. I've worn these in several inches of snow and when it was pouring rain outside and I cannot complain one bit about them. It is extremely comfortable and looks good also!
I'm about 6'1 and 145lbs. I ordered the 28 regular, I usually wear slimmer fitting clothing since I am a slender guy, so on that note I'd say the pants are (ever so slightly) too big in the waist and length. With that being said, a pair of boots and my base layer even that small complaint out.
Overall, I love the pants. It was worth the investment. Unfortunately, they are a bit pricey, I do not have a lot of money to spare, but I would highly recommend them and would buy more Mammut pants if I had the $$. I love them. Great pants!