Stay light and ski farther.
It can be tough to go truly minimalist in winter, just because of the amount of gear required to stay warm and prepared in the mountains, but the Mammut Spindrift Light Backpack makes it a little bit easier to keep things light and speedy. Made of burly ripstop nylon, it's a slim-profiled, lightweight pack with plenty of winter-specific features like a separate compartment for avalanche gear, diagonal and A-frame ski-carry options, and attachment points for ice axes and trekking poles, so you'll never need to improvise some wonky setup when you're trying to fit all your ski gear into your pack. Even fully loaded, the Motion V Frame aluminum suspension allows for comfortable carrying, and the thermoformed back, hip, and shoulder padding take the stress off the pack's contact points. Pockets on the lid and hip belt hold your small gear, while lash points and side compression straps allow for other attachment options, ensuring you'll be prepared for even your most technical tours.
- Motion 6mm aluminum V-frame
- 100D nylon Cordura ripstop fabric with 210D nylon Hitra base
- Thermoformed EVA back, hip, and shoulder padding
- A-frame and diagonal ski attachment
- 1 external and 1 internal lid pocket
- Hip belt pocket and avalanche equipment pocket
- Gear loops, ice axe, and trekking pole loops
- Hydration compatible
- Item #MAM007L